Friday, July 20, 2012

Parenting

So I have happened across 2 different articles today about parenting. Both of them popped up in my news feed on Facebook. One talks about Intense Parenting and why parents mothers who do it are so "unhappy" or stressed out. Basically it talks about how you may be putting too much effort in to parenting. Some of it makes sense to me since I am the only one who does anything with my daughter, everything I do revolves around her. Sometimes I am lucky to eat before 5pm, and I KNOW if I had help I would not be anywhere near as stressed out and irritable all day. The other one is Babywise which is basically a method for new parents that can lead to Failure To Thrive, poor weight gain, etc in infants and toddlers. What's your opinion on this? Are you an "intense parent" and if so are you unhappy or stressed out? Did you use the baby wise method? How did it affect your little one if you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment